Color Palette is located at the top of the right panel.
A. Paint Tool: this button activates the paint tool
B. Color Picker / Eye Dropper: this button activates the Color Picker Tool. When activated the mouse pointer changes to an eyedropper shape
C. Color Menu: this dropdown menu is where you can choose colors. When closed, it shows the current color for the paint tool
To choose the default color for new parts, use the Color palette in the building palette, see Coloring Parts.
D. Favorite Colors: shows a color swatch of your favorite colors
E. Content Colors: shows a color swatch of all the colors used in the design currently in your Viewport. They're sorted by usage (most used first)
A. Colors: this is a list of all the colors known to Studio. These are the same as what‘s in the BrickLink catalog and include Solid, Transparent, Chrome, Pearl, Metallic, Milky, Glitter, Speckle, and Satin.
Studio also has special sections that allow renders to be more realistic to their textures and colors. These are Rubber, Glowing Neon, Luminous Soft, Luminous, Translucent, and Glow in Dark
- There are more colors in Studio than in the BrickLink catalog. These include the special colors for rendering but also LDraw colors that aren't really distinguished by BrickLink. When checking availability and prices, or when exporting a design to a Wanted List, those colors are converted to the closest color in the BrickLink catalog. For example, Fabuland Pastel Green in LDraw is matched to Lime on BrickLink.
- The small arrow on the left of the Section header lets you collapse or expand the whole section.
B. Hues: This section can be used to filter the colors by their main hue
- When you click on a color box, only the colors in the same hue will be displayed
- The Black & White boxes filter only Black, White and Gray (or Silver) colors
- The All box at the top lets you see all active colors
C. Filter & Search box: Filter or search colors by name
As soon as you start typing, only the colors containing what you’ve typed will be shown.
Word order isn’t important. For instance, if you enter med, only the colors with med in their names will be listed and that’ll mostly be the Medium colors.
If you enter blu med or med blu, only Medium Blue colors will be listed.
D. Availability Checkbox: When checked, only colors available for sale on BrickLink for the selected parts will be shown. If no parts are selected, you’ll see the complete list of Studio colors.
How to enable/disable the availability checkbox
- The Color Menu also shows a general idea of prices<link to Buying> by color for selected parts. The more dollar signs, the more expensive the part is in that color
- You can toggle the visibility of the Favorite and Content color swatches by clicking on the arrow to the left of their names