The Connect Tool allows to make precise or difficult connections. It allows to directly move and connect parts by choosing connectors. It can be very useful when there’s many possible connection points and you have difficulties presenting the parts to connect the way you want.
Accessing the connect tool
Click on the Connect icon in the toolbar
When activated, the icon is blue and the connect icon is next to the mouse pointer
Using the connect tool
If no parts are selected before starting the Connect Tool:
- Select parts
- Move the mouse pointer over a selected part
- All the connectors of the part will be shown, as small blue cubes or small blue cylinders
- Click on one of the connectors to choose it
- Move the mouse pointer, a line leads from the chosen connector to the mouse pointer
- Hover over a part
- Its compatible connection points will be displayed
The compatible connectors of the selection are also shown but can't be chosen.
- Click on one to choose it
- The selection is moved so that the two chosen connectors connect.
The Connect Tool does not care about collisions.
The selection will be turned to connect buy only minimally, only when necessary. For instance;
- If you chose a horizontal clip and want to connect it to a tilted bar, the whole selection will be turned to align the clip to the bar.
- If the bar is tilted more than 45° relative to the clip, it won’t be selectable at all.
- Normally, when you connect two bricks, their sides are automatically aligned. That’s not the case with the Connect Tool.