Most of Studio parts can’t be modified, they can only be colored. But some parts, for instance, the Minifigure hips & legs part, are special and can be posed. These posable parts are actually like submodels except they appear as part in the parts list and instructions.
Finding posable parts
There’s no obvious indication that a part is posable. The only way to know is to look for the angle-shaped Pose tool icon when you select a part. Most minifig legs or torso assemblies are posable.
Posing a minifig
- Select a part
- Hover over the hand-shaped icon, it changes into three icons (rotate, translate, and pose):
- Click on the angle-shaped icon on the right
- This opens the part to edit it as if it were a submodel.
- Move and rotate the parts that compose the posable part
You may even recolor some parts, or remove or add parts. Beware that for instructions and wanted list purposes, that won’t change the part ID and name.
- Double-click in the viewport, anywhere but on the composing parts, when finished.
As with submodels, only the posable part is modified. The parts that it connects to in the upper model are not moved or rotated with it. For instance, if you pose the part Hinge Plate 1x4 Swivel…, it won’t hinge the parts it’s connected to, it will only change the angle of the Hinge Plate.